Friday, November 30, 2007

you owe it to yourself

to go watch The Mist.

in my opinion, it is the greatest pure horror film yet made (that i've seen, at least).

holy crap! oh, and the performances delivered by a few of the key actors...wow.

wow wow wow.

the mentally unstable preacher woman's face at the slightest (and only) bit of consideration thrown her way...
the son's face when his dad was handing him over to someone else...
the main character's reaction at the end...
that last scene in particular was the first time in my life that I was completely and totally convinced by a dramatic performance.
holy crap.

just one thing. forgive the stephen king-isms during the middle act (the flaming bug stuff in particular).

the greatest essential scary flic i've ever seen, and immediately ranked in my top three movies of all time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sparky said...

Really? I remember the original tale from one of his collections -- Different Seasons or Skeleton Crew. -- don't remember which...But I recall it certainly had the potential to make quite a film.

Hmm...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home