Thursday, December 16, 2004

Cleveland SNOWS!

Damn that Drew Carey and his false advertising. There is nary a rock to be found in all of Cleveland, but there is more than enough blizzard-like snowfall to satisfy every eskimo in the land.

sheesh.

my 1hr50min flight turned into a 6 hour oddysey around the great lakes. we held over cleveland for 30 minutes, ran out of fuel, diverted to buffalo, realized i couldn't smoke unless i walked 1 mile through to the front of the airport (note to self: BAR buffalo!), waited 2 hours, and then flew in for 8:30 pm. found my rental car, managed to navigate through the blizzard to my hotel, and ate a sandwich in the restaurant with one hand while listening to my father micro-manage through my cell phone with the other.

whatever the case was, though, i managed to get (i HOPE) quite a bit accomplished. Today, however, i still have to take a couple of hours out of my afternoon and flush them in the toilet, since i have a meeting to attend. oh, JOY!

Ali and I went to see Handel's Messiah at Notre Dame de Montreal in the old city last night. interesting performace, overall, but (i'm glad you're sitting down) I found the musicians uninspired (particularly the tenor) and the sound in the church abysmal (sp?). The show was redeemed by a passionate baritone who SOOOOOOO should perform Beethoven's 9th. In fact, he already did (AND I MISSED IT!). I am sad.

I've got the employees xmas lunch tomorrow, followed by the head office xmas party on saturday night. *sigh*
i am not a terribly large fan of these things, and would much rather just eat lunch ALONE with a book and a martini.

complain complain complain. i have a nasty tendency to let the good things speak for themselves, while i feel an obligation to trumpet the bad things. hmm...

i'ma go do the mail, followed by smokies. oh, and i have to arrange the hit on Nala (code name to protect the victim) for failing to arrange the joining of the me in Sagev Sal...

toodles all,
c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home