Friday, January 19, 2007

almost forgot

about the 'opt out' feature of my glorious offer. if'n you haven't done any of those events yourself yet, you can instead of the 1k, choose to negate your obligation by negating mine. one fell swoop, one clean sweep, one tidy swap?

a song on the radio just brought me back to a wonderful recent memory, posted here for my own benefit, as i like to peruse my state of mind from time to time.

a nice chubby checker 'on the bayou' (not the orbison melody for blue bayou. think more rompin' country/rock from Happy Days) tune flashed me back Hiro-style to the road trip from Tallahassee to Ft. Lauderdale last month. convertible beetle, interstate 75, 80mph, rest stop/diner/hardware store/gas station/goat farm for lunch...

if you have the means, i highly recommend getting your very own Ali (who is the bestest road trip companion EVAR, short of Ffej, of course), hooking up with a convertible, and driving at least as far as we did. for reference, we did a normally 6 hour drive in 8.5 hours. I will carry the pleasure of that day for a long long time to come.

In fact, I believe that the next time we head down to florida (in winter, mind. a ragtop will fry your brain in the summer time. FAR FAR too hot for that) we'll arrange a flight to jacksonville and drive the rest of the way, stopping at disney this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home