Tuesday, January 08, 2008

get up, champ! get UP!

Dang. 'Keep writing that thingie' would have been a great New Year’s resolution, if I were into making those types of resolutions…

I’ve lost the momentum again, which is a crying shame, as I was having a lot of fun with that last one. What I’m going to end up doing is re-reading, maybe think about it over 2 fingers of Rebel Yell, and then see if I can get the ball rolling again. Maybe that will be my main way to pass the time while SWMBA is off in Europe doing her thang…

Ideally, my writing occurs in an environment where I’m voluntarily isolated from everyone, but they’re within immediate reach for those ‘holy crap that was so fucking awesome!’ bits of the story, so I can scurry out to wherever they are, have them read it (if they’re allowed) or just have a smoke while I irritate them by riding the high. Once my heart rate has climbed back down to relatively normal, off I go back into solitude and pound out a few more awesome bits (wow, that sounds obscene)…

Ideally. Mayhaps I’ll just hang out at my buddy’s place in the evenings, if he’s cool with it, and try the optimal way. I can’t see myself building the same momentum alone chez nous, as there are far too many distractions. Once I’ve built a good thick head of steam I can write pretty much anywhere. It’s that beginning (or in this case re-beginning) that is just so important.

Oh, and as I’ve mentioned in the past, my ultra-magnificent micro laptop has no fan, so it feels as though I’m typing on a keyboard made from slightly warm laundry. Veeeeeery comfortable.

Excelsior!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home